1. Disk Based Backup and de-duplication: Leverage disk-based and tape backups for creating
on-site and off-site backups for fail over and disaster
recovery. You can also add SmartDisk to the Backup
solution for post-process data de-duplication.
SmartDisk uses patented byte-level, variable block
data analysis technology to reduce data storage
footprints by upto 90%.
2. Virtualization Suppor: Extend advanced data protection to VMware and
Hyper-V environments. A NetVault Backup plug-in
gives you consistent, reliable, point-and-click backup
and restore for virtual environments without
requiring you to be an expert.
3. Application Protection: Ensure availability of business-critical applications
such as Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint,
MySQL, PostegreSQL, Domino, Informix and Sybase
with application plug-ins. These plug-ins complement
native solutions to save your time on integration-no
scripting is required to run backup and recovery jobs.
4. Network Attached Storage (NAS) Protection: Safeguard NAS data directly on local SCSI devices,
SAN-attached devices (tape or VTL) or storage devices
on the network.
5. Enterprise-Wide Control: Give backup admins the flexibility to define, manage
and monitor jobs from remote locations. Automated
features for global event notification and policy job
management simplify their tasks across
heterogeneous storage networks.
6.Strong Security: Meet regulatory requirements without sacrificing
backup windows or de-duplication performance with
an encryption plus-in for CAST-128, AES-256 or
CAST-256 algorithm support. Flexible job-level
encryption lets you easily select with data to
7. Dynamically Shared Device: Share stand alone and library based tape drives
among backup servers and SmartClients in SAN or
shared SCSI environments. This allows you to
optimize workloads and maximize your equipment
8. Simple,Straightforward Licensing: Licensed by capacity, giving you incredible
flexibility. You can deploy an unlimited number of
clients or application plug-ins.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS AND SUPPORT
1. Client Platforms: Windows, most Linux platforms, MAC OS X, HP-UX Itanium, AIX, Solaris (SPARC & x86/x86-64)
2. Application Support: Oracle, SQL Server, Exchange Server, SharePoint, DB2, Informix, Domino, MySQL,
3. Visualization on Platforms: VMware and Hyper-V
4. Device & Library Support: Supports most existing tape libraries and tape formats.
OPERATING ENVIROMENT / COMPLIANCE
1. RoHS: RoHS Compliant
2. Environmental Spec: Operating Temperatur: 10°C to 35°C (50°F to 95°F) Non-operating Temperatur: -40°C to 70°C (-40°F to 158°F) Operating Relative Humidit: 8% to 90% (non-condensing Non-operating Relative Humidit: 5% to 95% (non-condensing)